History of the company

In 1946
the company was founded by Josef Russig as small art foundry and smithery. Three years later the production of conveying equipment, wear parts, elevator buckets and screw flights began.

In 1966
his son Erhard Russig joined the newly founded partnership. JOSEF RUSSIG Maschinenfabrik OHG now manufactures mechanical conveying equipment only.

In 1970
the OHG was transformed into a limited company. Josef Russig left the management of the company at the age of 65.

In 1989 the registered office  moved to the industrial estate Siemensstraße and the company was renamed to Erhard Russig Fördertechnik.

In 1996 RUSSIG could look back on 50 years of company history in Beckum.

In 1999 the company moved to new administration and production buildings. The new registered office is in the industrial estate „Auf dem Tigge“. The company’s name now is RUSSIG Fördertechnik GmbH & Co. KG.

In 2003 another workshop has been built on the company’s premises, to meet the growing demand for RUSSIG products.

In 2009 Florian Russig joined the company and laid the foundation for the 4. generation.

In 2010 the long-time proprietor and managing director Erhard Russig retired on December 31.

In 2011 in its 65th year the company has been taken over by the third generation Frank, Carsten and Jörg Russig.

RUSSIG Fördertechnik at night. Click to enlarge.